MUST READ FIRST
1. Register Online.
2. Select, purchase and confirm test options.
3. Read and follow instructions.
iSelf Screen™ is an at home self administered sampling kit which will be used for STD screening, HPV and evaluation of cells found inside the vagina. iSelf Screen™ is not a replacement for routine gynecological care.
iSelf Screen™ is designed for use by sexually active women between the ages of 18-65 who:
- Have been or are currently sexually active and are not under the care of a gynecologist or have not seen a gynecologist on a regular basis.
- Do not wish to participate in a visit to the gynecologist or other healthcare provider for regular gynecological and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening.
iSelf Screen™ is not recommended for patients with the following conditions:
- PREGNANCY AT ANY AGE
- A history of vaginal cancer, cervical cancer, uterine cancer or have a history of abnormal uterine bleeding which has not been evaluated by a gynecologist.
- Have an indwelling IUD. These patients should be seen regularly by a gynecologist to facilitate visualization of the IUD string and assure there is not any misplacement.
Before you use the iSelf Screen™:
- Review all instructions and for optimum results follow strict adherence to instructions.
iSelf Screen™ takes no responsibility for the unintended use or misuse of the iSelf Screen™ kit and/or any of the components.
- If the package is damaged, seal is broken, or components are compromised DO NOT USE and contact customer service at 1-855-473-3548 (855-iSelf Kit).
- Store the iSelf Screen™ kit at room temperature 59°F – 85°F (15°C – 30°C). Keep away from heat or direct sunlight and out of the reach of children.
- Check the expiration date on the outside of the box, make sure the kit has not expired and all the parts are included. Use the kit before the expiration date. If the expiration date has passed, do not use the kit and contact 1-855-473-3548 (855-iSelf Kit).
Collecting the vaginal samples:
- The best time to complete the iSelf Screen™ test is between 10 and 20 days after the first day of menstrual cycle. If postmenopausal, take the test at any time.
- DO NOT obtain the sample during menstrual cycle or episodes of abnormal uterine bleeding not associated with normal cycles. Any significant change in vaginal discharge or vaginal bleeding should be evaluated by a physician.
- For best results, abstain from any sexual activity, use of douches, tampons, intravaginal medications, spermicidal foams, creams or jellies for 48 hours prior to using the kit. These products may wash or obscure abnormal cells.
- Use the hypoallergenic gloves when handling the sample container with transport containers.
- Use caution when opening and closing the lid of the sample container. The sample container has a preservative solution which contains ethanol. Keep the ethanol away from skin and eyes (if liquid does touch skin or eyes, wash with warm water immediately, if irritation persists contact your physician. Ethanol is flammable; keep away from fire, heat, sparks, and flame.
After samples are completed and to maintain integrity of the specimens in the sample containers:
- DO NOT place in extreme heat or cold areas, store at room temperature 59°F – 86°F (15°C – 30°C).
- Send to the laboratory within 48 hours of collection.
- Once the laboratory evaluates the samples you will be notified of your results within 7 business days via email. Other options are available through customer service at 1-855-473-3548 (855-iSelf Kit).
- If you do not get your results within 2 weeks please call customer service at 1-855-473-3548 (855-iSelf Kit)
- If test results come back abnormal contact your medical practitioner or health-care professional and make an appointment. All abnormal results will include additional information regarding the specific results. For more information regarding your results please contact us directly at 1-855-473-3548 (855-iSelf Kit)
- If the samples are inadequate or cannot be processed due to damage or collection quality, you will be contacted by customer service and a replacement kit will be provided at no charge.